last update : 22/12/2015
Data Science Masterclass for Software Professionals
|No upcoming event date found|
Data is the “New Oil” and the trade of Data Science is a very hot topic. With the cost of storage and compute resources dropping drastically, it is now aspirational to capture all manners of data that is generated from devices- be it mobile, wearables or sensors.
Software engineers who were in general involved with design and engineering of apps are increasing being thrust into the direction of data e.g. Instrumentation for data collection, building and testing predictive models and implementation of prediction.
This work shop is designed to introduce to the software engineers the field of Data Science. Additionally, bring awareness around software engineering and design aspects for implementing a data driven solution.
The key objective is to ensure that upon completion the participants are clearly able to distinguish each component in the eco-system and decide for themselves how to leverage and benefit from Data Science.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
The following segments are designed to meet the above workshop objectives:
Session I: Introducing the Ecosystem
Session II: Thinking in the language of Data
Hands down 1:
- Infrastructure and Engineering design for a IOT case study example
Session III: Concepts in Data Science
Session IV: Bringing it all together
1. Key functional areas in Big Data Analytics
- Data Collection & Storage
- Discovery & Prediction Build
- Prediction & Experimentation
- Measurement & Optimization
2. Deep dive in functional area design
3. Scale Ups and Stress Testing
4. Software integration considerations
5. Setting expectations
Hands down 2:
- Build prediction using open source technologies such as R
- Design online implementation
- High level understanding of the Data Science Ecosystem
- Understanding of implementation Road map for Data Science work products
- High level understanding of components and why they are required
- Develop a sense for Data and understand use cases for harnessing data
- To understand the content, derive value, and successfully complete this workshop, you should have:
- Basic understanding of the Big Data technical stack
- Idea on how data can be harnessed in your work
- Interest in understanding the Data Science life cycle
Any Windows 7/8/10 laptop 8 GB memory/ 100 GB space with MS Office, R and R-Studio loaded is more than sufficient for the workshop
Submit your details to download the brochure:
How can I make payment?
Payment can be made via Cheque / DD / Online Funds transfer / Cash Payment.
Cheque should be drawn in favour of "Unicom training and Seminars Pvt Ltd" payable at Bangalore
Account Name: UNICOM Training & Seminars Pvt LtdBank Name : State Bank of IndiaBank Address: Ground Floor, K V Plaza, Green Glen Layout, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore.A/c Number : 31729010535IFSC : SBIN0012706A/c Type: Current
Whom to Contact for More info ?
Write to Mr Himansu at email@example.com