last update : 11/01/2016
AGILE AWARENESS FOR BEGINNERS
|No upcoming event date found|
Agile methodologies are becoming very popular approaches for software development. The iterative and incremental methodology improves the speed of development and reduces “waste”.Scrum is a form of Agile software development that focuses on software development by cross-functional and self-managed teams, producing working code at the end of each iteration or Sprint.This workshop will explain the basic principles of Scrum and also the most common myths that surround it.It will also talk about the different "roles" in a Scrum team.Participants’ profile:Participants should have experience of working on software development and/or testing projects and any software development life-cycle or methodology
You will be a beneficiary of the folowing:
- 14 PDUs on course completion.
- Class Handouts
This 2 Days workshop will enable participants to:
- Understand how software development happens in a Scrum environment
- Learn about the role of Scrum Masters, Product owners, team members, developers, testers and senior managers
- Learn about Scrum practices such as daily stand up meetings, Sprint planning, Reviews and Retrospectives, project tracking, etc.
- Learn about the adoption of engineering best practices, such as test-driven development, test automation, nightly builds with daily integration
- Challenge and dispel many common “myths” and pitfalls related to Agile
- Duration: 2 days
- Introduction: Faculty, Participants, Ground rules and expectation setting (15 mins)
- Issues with traditional methodologies (15 mins)
- Incremental and Iterative methodologies: Game (30 mins)
- History of Agile (15 mins) o Agile manifesto and 12 Principles of Agile
- Different Agile methodologies (30 mins) o Crystal Clear o DSDM o FDD o Extreme Programming (XP) o RUP
- Applying Scrum methodology (210 mins)o Scrum life-cycle, Product Backlog, Release Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Prioritizing the backlogo Roles in Scrum: Product Owner, Scrum Mastero Scrum Teams: Putting efficient Scrum teams togethero Sprints, Sprint Planning, Sprint Executiono Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
- Exercise on Release and Sprint planning (45 mins)
- Engineering practices in Scrum (45 mins)o Release planningo Rapid development, daily integration, nightly buildso QA challenge: How to guarantee “near releasable quality” each Sprint?
- Estimation in Scrum projects and best practices (90 mins)o Story pointing, Ideal days, Affinity estimatingo Exercise on estimation using planning poker
- Tracking of Scrum and Metrics in Scrum (30 mins)o Burn down charto Progress charto Velocity, other metrics
- Myths and challenges in Scrum (30 mins)o HR challengeso Scrum with geographically dispersed teamso Role of “management” in Scrum projects
- Exercise: Full length simulation of 3 sprints using sample activities (120 mins)
- Summary and wrap-up (30 mins)
- Other topics (60 mins)o Usage of “tools” in Agile project managemento Certifications related to Agile
Note: This basic flow of the course is subject to change based on participants’ interactions & queries.
Our qualified faculty has been associated with IT Industry for more than three decades. He has conducted more than 300 training courses in area of Project Management, Quality Assurance & Control, and Process Improvement in UK, UAE and India. He has conducted more than 300 training events in Software Project Manager, Quality and Processes within India as well as outside India. He has worked with diverse and cross functional large teams in multiple domain.
Submit your details to download the brochure:
- What is Software Development with Agile?A:Scrum is a form of Agile software development that focuses on software development by cross-functional and self-managed teams, producing working code at the end of each iteration or Sprint.
- What is Software Development Eligibility Criteria ?A:Participants should have experience of working on software development and/or testing projects and any software development life-cycle or methodology.
- What is the course Fee?A:INR 7000+12.36% Service Tax.
- What does Registration Fee include? A:We provide PDUs after completion of this training. Class notes are provided.
- What is Course timing? A:Class Room: 9.00 AM to 6:00PM.
- Can I get a practice test from Unicom? A:Absolutely you can get our practice test for one hour, to judge your preparedness for PMP exam and to study more if required or as you feel.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE TO CANCEL? A:Confirm your CANCELLATION in writing up to 15 working days before the event and receive a refund less a 10% service charge. Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received less than 15 working days prior to the event.However, SUBSTITUTIONS are welcome at any time and is done at no extra cost. The organisers reserve the right to amend the programme if necessary.
- INDEMNITY: Should for any reason outside the control of UNICOM Training & Seminars (P) ltd (hereafter called UNICOM), the venue or the speakers change, or the event be cancelled due to industrial action, adverse weather conditions, or an act of terrorism, UNICOM will endeavour to reschedule, but the client hereby indemnifies and holds UNICOM harmless from and against any and all costs, damages and expenses, including attorneys fees, which are incurred by the client. The construction validity and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by all aspects by the laws of India to the exclusive jurisdiction of whose court the Parties hereby agree to submit."