last update : 23/03/2016
Assessing Your Test Team Training
|No upcoming event date found|
As a test manager, you’re probably looking for ways to do better and ways to demonstrate your team’s value and to find ways to improve it. This Online course delivers. You’ll learn techniques to assess your team that are driven by insightful questions and careful data analysis. By applying the ideas in this tutorial to each of the twelve critical testing processes, you’ll know where you and your team stand.
The objectives for this course are as follows:
- Understand the value of testing to their organizations
- Adapt a generic testing process to their specific needs
- Calculate the effectiveness of testing
- Adapt a generic test context identification process to their specific needs
- Identify alignment issues between testing and the rest of the organization
- Adapt a generic quality risk analysis process to their specific needs
- Assess the extent to which testing properly addresses the quality risks
- Adapt a generic test estimation process to their specific needs
- Calculate the return on the testing investment
- Adapt a generic test planning process to their specific needs
- Measure the quality of the test plan for all the entire project team
- Adapt a generic test team development process to their specific needs
- Identify skills strengths and weaknesses within the test team and across the team as a whole
- Adapt a generic test system development process to their specific needs
- Measure test coverage against documented specifications and against quality risks
- Adapt a generic test release management process to their specific needs
- Quantify the percentage of test execution effort spent to test release overhead
- Adapt a generic test execution process to their specific needs
- Measure the extent to which test results are properly interpreted
- Adapt a generic bug reporting process to their specific needs
- Assess the extent to which the bug reports meet the needs of the various readers
- Adapt a generic test results reporting process to their specific needs
- Assess the extent to which the test results reports meet the needs of the project team
- Adapt a generic change management process to their specific needs
- Assess the extent to which the change management process takes into account the testing process
- Understand how to apply the results of the assessment exercises to measure and optimize the test process
- Introduction, Course Objectives, and Overview
- Test Processi
- Test Process Assessment Exercise
- Test Context
- Test Context Assessment Exercise
- Quality Risk Analysis
- Quality Risk Analysis Assessment Exercise
- Test Estimation
- Test Estimation Case Study
- Test Estimation Assessment Exercise
- Test Planning
- Test Planning Assessment Exercise
- Test Team Development
- Test Team Development Assessment Exercise
- Test System Development
- Test System Development Assessment Exercise
- Test Release Management
- Test Release Management Assessment Exercise
- Test Execution
- Test Execution Assessment Exercise
- Bug Reporting
- Bug Reporting Assessment Exercise
- Results Reporting
- Results Reporting Assessment Exercise
- Change Management
- Change Management Assessment Exercise
Mr. Rex Black a leader in software, hardware, and systems testing, as well as part-owner and Chief Technical Officer of Pure Testing, a test out-sourcing company based in New Delhi, India. For more than a dozen years, RBCS has served its worldwide clientele with training, assessment, consulting, staff augmentation, outsourcing, test automation, and quality assurance services. RBCS has over 100 clients spanning 25 countries on six continents. His popular first book, managing the Testing Process, has sold about 25,000 copies around the world, including Japanese, Chinese, and Indian re-leases. His three other books on testing, Foundations of Software Testing, Critical Testing Processes and Pragmatic Software Testing (previously published as Effective and Efficient Software Testing), have also sold thousands of copies, including Hebrew, Indian, Japanese and Russian editions. He has written over 25 articles, presented hundreds of papers, workshops, and seminars, and given over a dozen keynote speeches at conferences and events around the world. Rex is the President of both the International Software Testing Qualifications Board and the American Software Testing Qualifications
Submit your details to download the brochure:
What is the ISTQB - International Software Testing Qualifications Board?
ISTQB is a non-profit organization responsible for defining various guidelines such as examination structure and regulations, accreditation, certification etc. Working parties within the ISTQB are responsible for developing and maintaining the syllabi and exams. The ISTQB comprises representatives from each existing national board.
What is the ISTQB Certified Tester program?
The ISTQB Certified Tester program provides certification for software testers internationally. There are currently two levels of certification: The Foundation Level and the Advanced Level certificate. For both, international working parties develop and maintain internationally uniform curricula and exams.
Is this certification acknowledged across the world?
This is a truly internationally recognized certification program. For the list of participating nations please visit http://www.istqb.org/members.htm .
What is the duration of the course?
As this is the online course, we will provide you 3 months unlimited access to the course.
Will this training help my career?
For the IT professional, programmer, manager, and other examinees, holding an ISTQB certificate demonstrates mastery of the best practices and key concepts in the field. This can help advance your career. In addition, by distinguishing yourself from the mass of lesser-qualified test practitioners, holding one or more ISTQB certificates can create opportunities in a competitive, outsourced, and increasingly commoditized job market.
Is there any prerequisite for this certification?
There is no prerequisite for attending this Certification.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Confirm your CANCELLATION in writing up to 15 working days before the event and receive a refund less a 10% service charge. Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received less than 15 working days prior to the event.
However, SUBSTITUTIONS are welcome at any time and is done at no extra cost. The organisers reserve the right to amend the programme if necessary.
INDEMNITY: Should for any reason outside the control of UNICOM Training & Seminars (P) ltd (hereafter called UNICOM), the venue or the speakers change, or the event be cancelled due to industrial action, adverse weather conditions, or an act of terrorism, UNICOM will endeavour to reschedule, but the client hereby indemnifies and holds UNICOM harmless from and against any and all costs, damages and expenses, including attorney’s fees, which are incurred by the client. The construction validity and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by all aspects by the laws of India to the exclusive jurisdiction of whose court the Parties hereby agree to submit."