last update : 08/08/2016
|No upcoming event date found|
To register or to know the course fee, please Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Call: 9538878798
This three day, instructor-led IT Governance Foundation Course provides an overview the main concepts of IT Governance according to COBIT® 5, ISACA’s latest governance framework, and how they can be applied. COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realising benefits and optimising risk levels and resource use. COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
This course and the COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate are mandatory for additional COBIT® 5 training, including the COBIT® 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program Training.
Course OutlineModule 1 – The key features of COBIT® 5
- The Reasons for the Development of COBIT® 5
- The History of COBIT®
- The Drivers for developing a Framework
- The Benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Format & product Architecture
- COBIT® 5 and Other Frameworks
Module 2: The COBIT® 5 principles
- Topic 1: Enabler Focus
- Topic 2: Control Objectives to Management Practices
- Topic 3: From COBIT® 4.1 Management Guidelines to COBIT® 5: Enabling Processes Guidelines
Module 3: The COBIT® 5 enablers
- Enabler 1 – Principles, Policies and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organisational Structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, Ethics, and Behaviour
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, Infrastructure and Applications
- Enabler 7 – People, Skills and Competencies
- Walk Through on using Goals cascade to scope Processes
Module 4: Introduction to COBIT® 5 implementation
- The Life cycle Approach
- Inter related components of the life cycle
- Understanding the enterprise internal and external factors
- Key success factors for implementation
- The seven phases of the Life Cycle model explained
- The seven Change Enablement characteristics used in the life cycle.
- Change Enablement relationships to the Continual Improvement Life Cycle
- Making the Business case
- The differences between COBIT® 4.1 and COBIT® 5
Module 5 – Process capability assessment model
- What is a process assessment
- What is the COBIT® Assessment Programme
- The differences between a capability and maturity assessment
- Differences to the COBIT® 4.1 CMM
- Overview of the COBIT® Capability Model & Assessments
- The Process Reference Model (PRM)
- The Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- The Measurement Framework
- Introduction to the Assessor Training Steps
Module 6 – Exam
- Topic 1: preparation for the exam
- Topic 2: taking the exam
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to:
- Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management
- Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT® 5 would be appropriate to implement.
Business Management, IT /IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners; Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT® Implementer or Assessor.
This course prepares candidates for the exam leading to the COBIT® 5 Foundation Certificate.The optional exam is a closed book, multiple choice exam, existing of 50 questions. The pass mark is 50% or at least 25 correct answers. The duration for the exam is 40 minutes.
PrerequisitesNo mandatory prerequisites although some experience in IT or related fields is recommended
Submit your details to download the brochure: