last update : 16/01/2016
INFLUENCING QUALITY IN LARGE AGILE PROJECTS
|No upcoming event date found|
It may seem somewhat obvious that small, co-located software development teams are more inclined to succeed over large, globally distributed teams. However, we know that large teams can be successful. In these teams, the probability for success, which is measured in productivity and cost-effectiveness, depends on utilizing the most appropriate methods to implement.
BackgroundIt may seem somewhat obvious that small, co-located software development teams are more inclined to succeed over large, globally distributed teams. However, we know that large teams can be successful. In these teams, the probability for success, which is measured in productivity and cost-effectiveness, depends on utilizing the most appropriate methods to implement.This workshop looks at best practices for large Agile implementations, and how to effectively influence changes in the areas of program Quality. Attendees will learn what it takes to shift the cultural mindset to influence and implement qual-ity products in large Agile programs, as well as how they differ from smaller implementations.The Agile principles promote “Working software as the primary of progress”. However, in too many cases, teams force Velocity over Quality, which often causes larger projects to lose their focus on quality. Reasons for this include having no “Champion” of quality and poor cross functional communication/collaboration techniques. Lower quality means higher recode and defects, which increases costs. Increasing quality upfront will reduce costs.Attendees will leave this session with an understanding of the challenges that large Agile programs face, and potential solutions to address a consistent Quality implementation. Taking full advantage of the varied experiences of an Agile implementation veteran, this presentation reviews:
- The differences between QA, Testing and Quality.
- The importance of understanding stage gate criteria for Quality.
- Keeping focus on Quality where development measured velocity is often the key metric.
- Influencing Quality during project and program solutioning.
- Identifying challenges observed by Agile teams stepping up to a large Agile practice.
As a leader of quality for large Agile programs, the presenter will work with attendees to understand how to influence Quality, the benefits to the project, the team and overall Agile acceptance for success.Benefits of Attending:This workshop looks at the growing concern for Agile and complex development projects and programmes that are serious about the provisioning of strong, secure and usable distributive data. How will the roles of DBAs, testers and test data engineers evolve to increase overall quality, and reduce risk to the project and organisation? Learn about the warning signs so that you can avoid data provisioning failure and re-view solutions from some of the world’s largest Agile Quality implementations.Learning Points:
- Learn how to influence and position teams for success in larger Agile practices.
- Learn why teams must be able to measure quality.
- Learn how Quality means different things to different people and where value is best observed.
- Learn why we cannot sacrifice Quality for scope?
- Understand why we cannot force quality by intensive testing.
- Review real-life working examples of successful and trouble prone implementations.
- What tools are needed and where tools could reduce quality.
- Learn where risk adverse strategies work and how to influence them.
- Learn skills to become a leader and influencer to best serve Agile teams gearing for success.
Topics Covered:To position each attendee to successfully influence continuous improvement to quality within Agile projects this workshop requires collaborative interaction and exercises.Agile development and how it differs from traditional
- Agile development overview
- DevOps new roles and responsibilities
- Challenges of role transitions
- Reporting progress, success and concerns
Agile team size
- Small co-located Agile teams
- Large distributed Agile teams
- Managing challenges
- Selecting projects
- Warning signs for failure
- What is Quality?
- What needs to be set up to influence quality
- Identifying quick success points with value added quality
Issues from avoiding Quality
- Why focus on Quality not velocity
- Warning signs quality is diminishing
- Benefits of Quality
- Initiating a quality program
Testing and Quality
- More than identifying functional testing
- Can Quality be tested into a product
- When is enough – enough!
Real world examples
- Review small and large scale quality implementations
- Discuss benefits and pitfalls
- Review quality influencing tools; data generation, test case coverage, story boarding and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Integration/interfacing with team tool approach
- Influencing tool selection by providing transparency and sharing data
- Issue resolution management
- Defining Quality and why is it so important
- Getting involved at the beginning
- Become part of the solution/development workflow not an obstacle
- Promoting transparency
- How to influence “buy in” to quality over velocity
- Managing change in process within an Agile environment
Challenges of local and global workforces
- Managing demand
- Collaborative challenges
- Product Owner support
- Learning how to prioritize quality
- Prioritizing data as a STORY in a backlog
- Issue resolution, why data is as important as fixing a defect
- Reporting on progress, trends of data, warnings sign
Submit your details to download the brochure:
Whom do I contact for more details?
You can reach us on +91-9538878798 or firstname.lastname@example.org