last update : 23/03/2016
ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (Test Engineering Foundation)
|No upcoming event date found|
- Explain the effects and harm bugs can cause
- Articulate the necessity of testing
- Describe the role of testing in quality assurance
- Identify the common objectives, principles, and purposes of testing
- Introduce structured, pre-planned testing processes
- It is the Online Testing Course with the Unlimited access for 3 Months, you can access the training anywhere according to your convenient Time and Place.
- Take a free DEMO of the Training.
Through presentation and hands-on exercises, attendees will learn to:
- Explain the reasons for maintenance testing and how maintenance testing differs from new application testing
- Understand the value, importance and use of static techniques and static analysis, and the difference between static and dynamic techniques
- Explain the phases, roles and responsibilities of a typical formal review, and contrast different types of reviews
- Understand the factors for successful reviews
- Understand and perform a quality risk analysis to serve as the basis for testing, using the factors of likelihood and impact to determine the level of risk
- Write test designs, cases, and procedures, relate them to each other, and trace these items to the test basis
- Develop a test execution schedule
- Explain the characteristics, differences, and reasons for specification-based (black box), structure-based (white box), and experience-based tests
- Write test cases using equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables, and state transition diagrams, understanding the main purpose of each technique and what sufficiency of coverage is for each technique
- Write and measure test cases using structural testing concepts like coverage, statement and decision coverage, and other control-flow test design techniques
- Understand the factors that influence the selection of appropriate test design techniques
- Explain the importance of independent testing
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of independent testing
- Select different team members for inclusion in a test team
- Know the tasks of typical test leader and tester
- Understand and write various types of test plans depending on the project, levels, and targets
- Estimating testing via metrics and expertise, and recognize the factors that affect an estimate
- Understand, use and interpret common metrics to monitor test preparation and executionTest
- Adapt software development models to the context of the project and product
- Select and implement appropriate levels or phases of testing, with the proper participants, objectives, targets, and items under test for each test level or phase
- Select and plan for major test types or targets, including functional and non-functional tests, structural tests, confirmation tests, and regression tests
1.0 Fundamentals of testing
1.1 Why is testing necessary
1.2 What is testing
1.3 General testing principles
1.4 Fundamental test process
1.5 Psychology of testing 1.6 Code of ethics
2.0 Testing throughout the software life cycle
2.1 Software development models
2.2 Test levels
2.3 Test types
2.4 Maintenance testing
3.0 Static techniques
3.1 Static techniques and the test process
3.2 Review process
3.3 Static analysis by tools
4.0 Test Design Techniques
4.1 Test development process
4.2 Categories of test design techniques
4.3 Specification-based or black-box techniques
Test Engineering Foundation E-learning (v4.1) 4 Copyright © 2003-2011, RBCS, All Rights Reserved
Test Engineering Foundation E-learning (v4.1) 5 Copyright © 2003-2011, RBCS, All Rights Reserved
4.4 Structure-based or white-box techniques
4.5 Experience-based techniques
4.6 Choosing test techniques
5.0 Test management
5.1 Test organization
5.2 Test planning and estimation
5.3 Test progress monitoring and control
5.4 Configuration management
5.5 Risk and testing
5.6 Incident management
6.0 Tool support for testing
6.1 Types of test tools
6.2 Effective use of tools: potential benefits and risks
6.3 Introducing a tool into an organization
Our trainer is a leader in software, hardware, and systems testing, as well as Chief Technical Officer of Pure Testing, a test out-sourcing company based in New Delhi, India. For more than a dozen years, he has served its worldwide clientele with training, assessment, consulting, staff augmentation, outsourcing, test automation, and quality assurance services.
Submit your details to download the brochure:
What is the ISTQB - International Software Testing Qualifications Board?
ISTQB is a non-profit organization responsible for defining various guidelines such as examination structure and regulations, accreditation, certification etc. Working parties within the ISTQB are responsible for developing and maintaining the syllabi and exams. The ISTQB comprises representatives from each existing national board.
What is the ISTQB Certified Tester program?
The ISTQB Certified Tester program provides certification for software testers internationally. There are currently two levels of certification: The Foundation Level and the Advanced Level certificate. For both, international working parties develop and maintain internationally uniform curricula and exams.
Is this certification acknowledged across the world ?
This is a truly internationally recognized certification program. For the list of participating nations please visit http://www.istqb.org/members.htm .
What is the duration of the course?
As this is the online course, we will provide you 3 months unlimited access to the course.
What is the Examination fee for the course?
Examination fee is Rs. 4000/-(excluding the training fee).
If I do not pass, is it possible to take the exam again?
Yes, you can re-take the exam; however, you will be charged another exam fee.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Confirm your CANCELLATION in writing up to 15 working days before the event and receive a refund less a 10% service charge. Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received less than 15 working days prior to the event.
However, SUBSTITUTIONS are welcome at any time and is done at no extra cost. The organisers reserve the right to amend the programme if necessary.
INDEMNITY: Should for any reason outside the control of UNICOM Training & Seminars (P) ltd (hereafter called UNICOM), the venue or the speakers change, or the event be cancelled due to industrial action, adverse weather conditions, or an act of terrorism, UNICOM will endeavour to reschedule, but the client hereby indemnifies and holds UNICOM harmless from and against any and all costs, damages and expenses, including attorney’s fees, which are incurred by the client. The construction validity and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by all aspects by the laws of India to the exclusive jurisdiction of whose court the Parties hereby agree to submit."