last update : 18/01/2016
Leadership in Turbulent Times
|No upcoming event date found|
Higher turbulence and fast changes characterize the current business environment. To win in these dynamic, complex and uncertain times, leadership teams in all sectors need to rethink their way of how they lead their organizations and people. What has worked in the past will not work today and in the future. New management models and people leadership approaches need a design to cope with accelerated changes in our environment.
This workshop is designed as a think tank and experienced based learning for leaders with business responsibility and functional leaders from the areas such as HR, finance, control, strategy, planning, risk, governance, … charged with a mandate to build organizational capabilities and transform management for the challenges of a turbulent environment. Participants get access to an innovative diagnostic tool that provides unprecedented insights into their own organization ability to deal with its challenges. During the entire workshop, facilitators will provide insights from practice, theory, and research to further develop ideas and create a program to initiate the change towards an organization that successfully competes in a volatile environment. Participants receive a copy of THE PERFORMANCE TRIANGLE, the recognized book for its thought leadership by the Global Drucker Forum in Vienna.
The workshop concept is based on Lukas Michel’ books THE PERFORMANCE TRIANGLE and MANAGEMENT DESIGN. In essence, successful organizations prepare themselves by creating an operating environment that unlocks the creativity and maximizes the potential of employees in the knowledge age when linear management approaches fail to support leadership. This requires that leaders rethink the way they lead their organizations and people and to experiment with new successful approaches.
Day 1 is dedicated to understanding the current business environment and opens the box of what leaders can do to delegate and maintain control. The Performance Triangle model with leadership, culture, and systems serves as the tool to decode and articulate what organizations need to do to succeed.
Day 2 helps participants rethink their management model with a set of questions to guide the thinking and evaluate where interventions provide best value. It further provides a Leadership Toolbox for the new economy and outlines a roadmap on how to change from old to new. A simple five-step leadership cycle ties all concepts and ideas into a practical day-to-day management tool.
Workshop: A set of interactive think tank setting with insights from latest scientific research
Facilitation: Experience and expertise of one or two facilitators as proven executives and mentors
Diagnostic: The INsights Diagnostic Tool for every participant
Tools: Leadership Scorecard, Leadership Toolbox, Performance Triangle, Management Model Design Framework, and more
Book: L. Michel, “The Performance Triangle”, LID Publishing, London, 2013
Mentoring: One post workshop online session on the implementation of the insights from the diagnostic
Who should attend:
- Managing Directors, CEOs, CFOs, Vice Presidents, Directors, General Managers,
- Members of the Executive Team and Senior Executive Staff from the areas of: Corporate Management and Control, Strategic and Performance Management: Corporate Planning, Performance Measurement, Change Management
- Human Resources: Training and Development, Organizational Development, Governance, Risk and Compliance Officers
The program caters towards all industries, private and government organizations, SME and large corporate firms, in any culture
A leader’s role is critical in creating a strategic mind-set and culture at the working level. The Performance Triangle outlines the key ingredients corporate leaders must focus on to develop the capabilities for superior innovation and growth in challenging times.
Day 1 :
Session1: Challenges & Insights
- Outlining your organization’s exposure to current challenges
- Preparing your organization for greater challenges: potential and interferences
- Preparing corporate decision-making: the design of the most important capability
- Collapsing the past, present, and future into current reality
- Establishing on your organization’s current reality to take action towards
Exercise 1a: what do you want to do differently tomorrow?
Exercise 1b: conduct the AgilityINsights Diagnostic
Session 2: The Performance Triangle Model
- Reviewing the purpose of management: success is not performance and vice versa
- The “Performance Triangle” model: thinking through a simple transformation model
- Does leadership matter: reviewing the factors that matter
- Leadership effectiveness: calculating your return on management
- Revising the role of the chief executive and his/her support
Exercise 2a: What is the purpose of management?
Exercise 2b: Where should the chief executive invest time and attention?
Session 3: Culture: The Key to Success
- Decoding intangibles – the ingredients of success
- Connecting culture with organizational energy and flow
- Structuring organizations beyond compromise
- Putting people into the center and why this leads to customer-centricity: Inner Game
- Understanding collaboration in the networked economy
Exercise 3: What keeps us from working together?
Session 4: Leadership Needs System(s)
- Separating leadership from managing an institution
- Revising the role of leadership with five interaction mechanisms
- Pioneering an institutional framework with five systems for leadership, control
- Managing organizations with the Leadership Scorecard
- Observing what happens when ‘viruses’ interfere with organization
Exercise 4: What story does your performance triangle tell?
Homework: What motivates you at work? Reading
How do you lead your organization? With the insights from the diagnostic and the needs of knowledge people, leaders need to establish their principles supported by five questions. The Leadership Toolbox and Cycle provide insights into translating the model into practice.
Session 5: The Leadership Toolbox for the 21st Century
- Decomposing the toolbox into rules, routines, and practices
- Challenging traditional MbO, planning, budgeting & performance management
- Designing the toolbox for the needs of knowledge people
- Comparing the old and new toolbox – the need of a fundamental shift
Exercise 5: Where are the transaction costs in organizations?
Session 6: The Need of a New Management Design
- Understanding why management models drive how people do things
- Framing the design of a new management model
- Using 5 questions to create your own model
- Aligning the toolbox with the choice of managerial principles
Exercise 6: Management model design
Session 7: Change from Old to New
- Discovering valuable places to intervene in an organization’s system
- Clarifying accountability for your change roadmap
Exercise 7: Draft your own change roadmap
Session 8: The Leadership Cycle for the Knowledge Age
- Moving to a new cycle of leadership: 5 steps from opportunity to results
- Leadership Mentoring: Using the diagnostic to start asking questions about leadership
Exercise 8: Q&A l Getting organized for individual post-workshop sessions.
UNICOM trainer's ground-breaking Diagnostic Mentoring™ methodology and 30 years’ experience as a senior executive in global corporations with functional responsibility for strategy, HR and performance, has supported executive teams and institutions worldwide on management in turbulent times.
He is the author of critically acclaimed title, The Performance Triangle, and new book, Management Design, offering a visual thinking approach to help leaders and managers think more easily, make decisions, and act in line with company goals and objectives.
Submit your details to download the brochure:
ow can I make payment?
Payment can be made via Cheque / DD / Online Funds transfer / Cash Payment.
Cheque should be drawn in favour of "Unicom training and Seminars Pvt Ltd" payable at Bangalore
Account Name: UNICOM Training & Seminars Pvt Ltd
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Bank Address: Ground Floor, K V Plaza, Green Glen Layout, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore.
A/c Number: 31729010535
A/c Type: Current
What is Course timing?
0900 – 1700 each day
Whom do I contact for more details?
You can contact
+91-9538878795 or email@example.com