last update : 16/04/2016
LEAN QUALITY ASSURANCE: MUCH MORE COST-EFFECTIVE QUALITY ASSURANCE METHODS, THAN TESTING
|No upcoming event date found|
THE PROBLEM: testing costs too much, but is in fact ineffective. There are many proven methods for ensuring much better qualities, much sooner. But testers cannot be held responsible for deploying them. This is a CIO, CTO, QA-manager responsibility. Our 'lean' methods operate upstream, up front, pro-active, and with rapid learning.
THE PROBLEM: testing costs too much, but is in fact ineffective. There are many proven methods for ensuring much better qualities, much sooner. But testers cannot be held responsible for deploying them. This is a CIO, CTO, QA-manager responsibility.
Our ´lean´ methods operate upstream, up front, pro-active, and with rapid learning.
OUR SOLUTION: We present a powerful selection of methods that can help you help to improve your software qualities dramatically, at low cost. All are freely adoptable. All can be tailored to your development environment immediately. All of them give measurable improvements.
Many real stakeholders have to be considered in QA. Not just the ‘user’ and ‘customer’ or the ‘tester’.
You can expect dozens of simple, but deep, and true, nuggets of real practical wisdom – from long experience and first hand practice.
You will not get re-iteration of conventional wisdom. You will get deep principles and methods that really work.
You will get the benefit of our decades of real experience internationally at IBM, HP, Boeing, Citigroup, JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, Siemens, Ericsson, Nokia, Philips, Rolls Royce, Intel and other top corporations.
This course is fact-based, on real life cases, of the lecturers, and others.
Who Should Attend?
Methods and Process Responsible for IT, CTO, CIO. Anybody concerned with making sure their development process really delivers proven measurable business value and quality early. Test and QA Managers who are ready to extend their vocabulary.
Certification: Participants will receive ‘Lean QA Trained’ Certification.
You will Learn:
- STAKEHOLDER QUALITY: Stakeholder quality analysis and specification.
- QUALITY QUANTIFICATION: All quality requirements need to be quantified, to reflect all critical quality dimensions.
- QUALITY BY DESIGN: Design Quality In! Don’t try to test it in. How to find and evaluate designs that give us needed quality levels. How to estimate impact of designs and architectures on requirement levels, as the basis for ‘assuring’ that we have later reached planned quality levels. Smart architecture for quality.
- QUALITY DECISION TABLES: a practical tool for managing multiple qualities, multiple costs, and multiple architecture and strategy options - quantitatively and objectively.
- AGILE QC: Establish ‘agile quality control’, a quantified simple review process. This includes measuring the quality of requirements, designs, code, test plans. It will give people strong motivation to follow best standards practices.
- QUANTIFIED QUALITY PROCESS GATES: Quantified Process Entry and Exit Control, to drive learning, and practice, of your standards.
- QUALITY BY FEEDBACK: Evolutionary Product Quality Development: one step above conventional ‘agile’ in dealing with quality. The Unity (111111) method for decomposing architecture into high quality increments.
About the instructors:
He has practiced and innovated these advanced software engineering methods for 2 decades, internationally and in Norway. Some of his clients are Rolls Royce, HP, Siemens Healthcare, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Philips Medical Systems, Confirmit (Norway), NTNU IT (Norway), Bring (Norway Post Office), Schlumberger.
Tom Gilb: joined IBM Norway in 1958, and formed his consultancy 1960. He is the author of 9 books. He was senior author of Software Inspection (1993, in 14th printing), and published Competitive Engineering (2005, 3rd printing)
Both Gilbs invent methods as necessary, and try them out at real clients over a long period, measurably. They do not copy other peoples vague and unproven ideas. They are very specific, and deeply knowledgeable – which is why they have proven documented practice and success, at the worlds most advanced technology companies.
Submit your details to download the brochure: