last update : 23/03/2016
managing the testing process
|No upcoming event date found|
Through presentation and hands-on exercises, attendees will learn to:
- Analyze quality risks, determine test project scope, and prepare a budget and schedule.
- Develop test plans and cases that address the important customer needs.
- Institute and use bug and test tracking systems that support effective test reporting.
- Prepare for and manage the challenges of test execution.
- Build and retain an effective, loyal test team.
- Work and communicate effectively with managers and peers, especially in terms of communicating test findings.
- Understand the test effort within the context of the larger project.
- Allocate scarce hardware.
- Manage a test lab
Introductions, attendee objectives, and overview of test management
Defining your scope
- Aligning testing in the organization
- Aligning testing with quality
- Testing real-world use and configurations
- Sources of information on risk
- Using risk to guide the areas and extent of testing
Exercise: Risk analysis for the Omninet project
Estimating a schedule and budget
- Critical paths
- Test execution cycles
- Bug find-fix-confirm cycles
Exercise: Identifying test estimation factors for the Omninet project
Thinking and communicating with test plans
- Developing test plans
- Test plan templates
- Entry and exit criteria
- Test execution
- Planning risks for test plans
- Selling the plan
Exercise: Test planning for the Omninet project
Test system engineering and architecture
- Test systems and test system design
- Test templates
- Test documentation precision and detail
- Regression risk mitigation strategies
Bug reporting basics
- Bug reporting and tracking
- The importance of good bug reports
- Ten steps to better bug reports
Bug reporting refinements
- Bug lifecycles
- Bug triage
- Defect removal models
Exercise: Improving a bug report for the Omninet project
Bug metrics and management
- Opened/closed chart
- Closure period
- Root cause Pareto chart
- Affected subsystem Pareto chart
- Defect detection percentage
Case study: Banking application bug metrics
Tracking test cases and suites
- A basic test tracking spreadsheet
- Test tracking process
- Extending the test tracking system
- Adding coverage traceability
Exercise: Test tracking for the Omninet project
Test metrics and management
- Management summaries
- Test hours progress
- Test case fulfillment
- Risk coverage
- Creating a project dashboard
Exercise: Presenting test status
Challenges of test execution
- Certainty versus progress
- Collaborative processes
- Result misinterpretation
- Holidays and cultures
Exercise: Test execution challenges for the Omninet project
Hiring and managing a test team
- Personality and skills
- Skills management
- Education and certification
- Organizing the team
- Hiring and interviewing
- Consultants and contractors
Exercise: Omninet test team
Politics of test management
- What is your job
- Where does the test team fit in
- Managing and communicating with your managers and peers
- Credibility and presentation
Exercise: Your political challenges
Testing context: Economics, lifecycles, processes
- Analyzing the return on the testing investment
- Testing within system development lifecycles
- Testing in other types of projects
- Process improvements and maturity
Exercise: Defending a budget
Managing a test lab
- Determining need for a lab
- Designing and stocking a test lab
- Security, safety, and configuration management
Testing hardware/software systems
- Effect of hardware on testing
- Engineering samples and configuration management
- Tester skills effects
Hardware testing fundamentals
- Electrical, environmental, and mechanical tests
- Thermal, reliability, packaging, and safety
- Hardware and software subsystems
- Pilot testing
Mr. Rex Black a leader in software, hardware, and systems testing, as well as part-owner and Chief Technical Officer of Pure Testing, a test out-sourcing company based in New Delhi, India. For more than a dozen years, RBCS has served its worldwide clientele with training, assessment, consulting, staff augmentation, outsourcing, test automation, and quality assurance services. RBCS has over 100 clients spanning 25 countries on six continents. His popular first book, managing the Testing Process, has sold about 25,000 copies around the world, including Japanese, Chinese, and Indian re-leases. His three other books on testing, Foundations of Software Testing, Critical Testing Processes and Pragmatic Software Testing (previously published as Effective and Efficient Software Testing), have also sold thousands of copies, including Hebrew, Indian, Japanese and Russian editions. He has written over 25 articles, presented hundreds of papers, workshops, and seminars, and given over a dozen keynote speeches at conferences and events around the world. Rex is the President of both the International Software Testing Qualifications Board and the American Software Testing Qualifications.
Submit your details to download the brochure:
What is the ISTQB - International Software Testing Qualifications Board?
ISTQB is a non-profit organization responsible for defining various guidelines such as examination structure and regulations, accreditation, certification etc. Working parties within the ISTQB are responsible for developing and maintaining the syllabi and exams. The ISTQB comprises representatives from each existing national board.
What is the ISTQB Certified Tester program?
The ISTQB Certified Tester program provides certification for software testers internationally. There are currently two levels of certification: The Foundation Level and the Advanced Level certificate. For both, international working parties develop and maintain internationally uniform curricula and exams.
Is this certification acknowledged across the world?
This is a truly internationally recognized certification program. For the list of participating nations please visit http://www.istqb.org/members.htm .
What is the duration of the course?
As this is the online course, we will provide you 3 months unlimited access to the course.
Will this training help my career?
For the IT professional, programmer, manager, and other examinees, holding an ISTQB certificate demonstrates mastery of the best practices and key concepts in the field. This can help advance your career. In addition, by distinguishing yourself from the mass of lesser-qualified test practitioners, holding one or more ISTQB certificates can create opportunities in a competitive, outsourced, and increasingly commoditized job market.
Is there any prerequisite for this certification?
There is no prerequisite for attending this Certification.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Confirm your CANCELLATION in writing up to 15 working days before the event and receive a refund less a 10% service charge. Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received less than 15 working days prior to the event.
However, SUBSTITUTIONS are welcome at any time and is done at no extra cost. The organisers reserve the right to amend the programme if necessary.
INDEMNITY: Should for any reason outside the control of UNICOM Training & Seminars (P) ltd (hereafter called UNICOM), the venue or the speakers change, or the event be cancelled due to industrial action, adverse weather conditions, or an act of terrorism, UNICOM will endeavour to reschedule, but the client hereby indemnifies and holds UNICOM harmless from and against any and all costs, damages and expenses, including attorney’s fees, which are incurred by the client. The construction validity and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by all aspects by the laws of India to the exclusive jurisdiction of whose court the Parties hereby agree to submit."