last update : 02/02/2017
PMI Agile Certification (PMI-ACP)
|No upcoming event date found|
Agile is a philosophy that uses organizational models based on people, collaboration and shared values. Agile uses rolling wave planning; iterative and incremental delivery; rapid and flexible response to change; and open communication between teams, stakeholders, and customers. There are many approaches to agile that adhere to these tenets, such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean, Kanban and Test-driven Development (TDD). Although agile principles have their roots in the software and IT industries, agile adoption is growing and expanding in a wide range of industries, including health care, marketing and manufacturing.
Agile principles and practices include:
- Early, measurable return on investment through defined, iterative delivery of product increments
- High visibility of project progress allows early identification and resolution or monitoring of problems
- Continuous involvement of the customer throughout the product development cycle
- Empowerment of the business owner to make decisions needed to meet goals
- Adaptation to changing business needs, giving more influence over requirement changes
- Reduced product and process waste
Agile Certified Practitioner Certification PMI-ACP is a fastest catching up Agile Certification advocated by PMI. This is said to be a one-in-all Agile Certification that encompasses the overall umbrella of Agile practices knowledge and understanding for all the roles in Project Management.
- Agile Framework – Introduction to Agile, Agile principles and values.
- Introduction of Scrum – Getting to know Scrum, Scrum roles, ceremonies, artifacts..
- User Stories – What are user stories and how to write a good user story?.
- Agile Estimation – Learn how best to estimate project work, agile sizing and estimation techniques..
- Value Based Prioritization.
- Agile Planning – Planning-release and iteration; velocity estimates..
- Agile Monitoring – Know about release and iteration level monitoring of agile projects..
- Retrospective – Understand deeply how and when retrospective should be used..
- Extreme Programming – Extreme programming values, practices..
- Lean – Lean principles, lean tools.
- Soft Skills and Communication Skills – How effective agile communication for team and project? Discusses abut team and conflict management using power of listening, interpersonal skills and effective communication..
- Risk Management – Risk Management, risk response strategies.
By earning the PMI-ACP certification, practitioners can:
- Demonstrate to employers their level of professionalism in agile principles, practices, tools and techniques
- Increase their professional versatility in project management tools and techniques.
- Hold a certification that is more credible than existing offerings based only on exams or training
- Get an introduction to Agile principles and practices
- Learn how to mentor high-performance teams who deliver results
- Understand techniques for actively managing project scope and ensuring delivery of the best products possible
- Get familiar with new ways of managing project scope, schedule, budget and quality that are easily improved through effective Agile controls
- Learn to combine best methods from multiple Agile methodologies
- Learn about common pitfalls many teams fall into when adopting Agile practices
- Change "Command and Control" leadership style to the more powerful "Servant Leadership" method of management
- Respond to change quickly to seize competitive advantage
PMI-ACP Certification Requirements
- General Project Experience: For individuals with PMP® certification, general project management experience is not required else you are required to have 2000 hours project experience (in last 5 years) and
- Agile Project Experience: 1500 hours of experience working on agile projects in last 3 years. These hours are in addition to the 2,000 hours required in general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of ACP Education
To earn the PMI-ACP certification, you must meet the experience and education requirements, and pass the PMI-ACP exam, a 120-question, multiple-choice test.
Who all can attend
- Team involved in project management, product management, system and solution design architect or
- Agile Project Managers
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Scrum Team Members
- Project Sponsors
- Project Planners
- Quality Testing and Quality Assurance members
- Agile Developers / Programmers
- Project Controller
Submit your details to download the brochure:
By becoming a PMI-ACP you can:
- Demonstrate to employers your level of professionalism in Agile practices of project management.
- Increase your professional versatility
2.Why an Agile certification?
Many project professionals are seeing a demand for Agile practices in a variety of industries and organizations, and are eager to learn and apply them. Organizations, too, are seeing value in using Agile practices to deliver projects more quickly, with less wasted labor and costs due to misunderstood or ill-defined requirements.PMI research revealed:
- 68% of the organizations using
Agile techniques would find value in an Agile certification.
- 63% of hiring managers would encourage their project managers to pursue an Agile certification.
3.Who should apply?
Practitioners who are seeking to:
- Demonstrate to employers their level of professionalism in Agile practices of project management
- Increase their professional versatility in both Waterfall and Agile techniques
- Hold a certification that is more credible than existing entry-level, training or exam-only based offerings
4.What is the eligibility criteria PMI-ACP certification examination ?
- High School Diploma,
- At-least 2000 hours of general project experience,
- 1500 hours of additional agile project work experience,
- 21 hours of Agile ProjectManagement Education by UNICOM
5.Till when can I avail early bird rate?
Early Bird is valid if you register and pay 7 days before the event and is given to first 10 registrants only. Contact us today to check if you are elligible.
6.How can I make payment?
Payment can be made via Cheque / DD / Online Funds transfer / Cash Payment.Cheque should be drawn in favour of "Unicom training and Seminars Pvt Ltd" payable at Bangalore NEFT Payment: Account Name: UNICOM Bank Name : State Bank of India Bank Address: Ground Floor, K V Plaza, Green Glen Layout, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore. A/c Number : 31729010535 IFSC : SBIN0012706 A/c Type: Current
7.What does Registration Fee include?
The Registration Fee includes the following: Pre Training Online material, Study Material, Examination, Certificate, Lunch on both days.
8.What is Course timing? 0900 – 1700 each day