last update : 09/02/2016
PRINCE2: Foundation and Practitioner Course
|No upcoming event date found|
About PRINCE2One of the most highly regarded and broadly accepted qualifications, PRINCE2®, (Projects in Controlled Environments) is a structured project management method covering the organisation, management and control of projects. PRINCE2 is widely used in both the public and private sectors and has become the UK's de facto standard for generic project management, not just for IT projects. It is increasingly being adopted around the world. In June 2009, the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) officially launched a refreshed version of PRINCE2.
What's New in the PRINCE2 2009 Version?
- Clarification of the 7 Principles of PRINCE2 Project Management.
- The 8 Components have been changed to 7 Themes (Change Control & Configuration Management have been merged).
- Now 7 Processes not 8 (Planning has merged into Plans Theme). Each process contains Activities.
- The 3 Techniques have merged into the respective themes.
- The 36 Management Products have shrunk to 27.
- New section on tailoring PRINCE2, and embedding it into the organisation.
- The manual has shrunk slightly, to under 400 pages.
Benefits of the new 2009 Edition of PRINCE2:
- New emphasis on project management using the 7 Principles of PRINCE2:- not simply working on completion of template documents.
- It reflects and integrates with other OGC Best Practice products (MoR (Management of Risk), MSP (Managing Successful Programmes), ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library)).
- It has taken account of user feedback to make the language less “jargonistic”.
- More guidance to support flexible implementation of PRINCE2. Much more useful Tailoring information.
- More consideration of difference project types and environments.
- Stronger emphasis on achieving benefits and using lessons from best practice experience, with this method.
PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Training Course:There are two levels to the qualification: PRINCE2 Foundation Level is the first qualification that is required to become a PRINCE2 Practitioner. This level is aimed at enabling the candidate to act as an informed member of the team using the PRINCE2 method. For this they need to show that they understand the principles and terminologies of the method. PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Format is an hour of multiple choice questions (Closed book). 35 out of 70 correct answers are required to pass. PRINCE2 Practitioner Level: Candidates must pass the Foundation exam before proceeding to the Practitioner level. The Practitioner Level aims to measure whether the candidate is able to apply PRINCE2 methods to the running and managing of a project. They need to show that they are able to tune PRINCE2 to different project circumstances and understand the relationship between processes, components and techniques. PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam is a “Scenario based” examination lasting three hours. This is an open – book format and the minimum pass mark is now 55%. It is possible to take the Foundation Level only.
Training Course Material:Self-test material is included. In order to make the candidate fully conversant with the processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project, the trainer, has developed a series of tests on the topics and also a mock foundation examination. Delegates will have on-line access to this material throughout the course. This exercise helps the delegates to look up the OGC Manual for the problems, as indicated in the test. A range of new on-line Practitioner material is available to help delegates with the new format of the Practitioner examination. Sample examination questions are introduced at an appropriate time. The Foundation examination takes place on the Third day afternoon and the Practitioner exam can be taken on the Fourth(Final) day immediately following the course.
The Price Includes:
- Course attendance
- Examination Fees for Foundation and Practitioner with Service Tax
- Course materials and practice exercises for Foundation & Practitioner examinations
- Lunch and refreshments
Benefits of Attending:Following the course, delegates will be able to organise, plan and control projects quickly and effectively in accordance with the PRINCE2® Methodology. Senior management will be able to make decisions on project initiation and continuation on the basis of hard facts provided in a structured format.
Submit your details to download the brochure:
Content coming soon......