last update : 18/01/2016
PRINCE2® WEEK END COURSES
|No upcoming event date found|
PRINCE2 ®Courses organised by UNICOM are conducted by Sianti, an Accredited Training Organisation for PRINCE2.
One of the most highly regarded and broadly accepted qualifications, PRINCE2®, (Projects in Controlled Environments) is a structured project management method covering the organisation, management and control of projects. PRINCE2® is widely used in both the public and private sectors and has become the UK's de facto standard for generic project management, not just for IT projects. It is increasingly being adopted around the world.
In June 2009, the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) officially launched a refreshed version of PRINCE2®.
PRINCE2 ® 2009 courses are presented by Ian Procter, Sianti Ltd, accredited Training Organisation for PRINCE2, on behalf of UNICOM.
Benefits of Attending:
The course is usually held over 5 days, Monday-Friday but for those who are too busy to attend a full week’s course, UNICOM is now offering a staged week end course, split into three modules. This takes place over two weekends with the one extra day for revision and the examination taking place two weeks later, on a Friday.
The first weekend dates scheduled are
- Module 1 - Saturday 5 and Sunday 6 February 2011
- Module 2 - Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 February 2011
- Module 3 - Revision and Exam day: 11 March 2011
The course takes place at our training centre in Uxbridge, West London. There are a number of local hotels, B&Bs and a Travelodge nearby, and many of these offer reduced rates for weekend bookings.
Foundation and Practitioner Course
There are two levels to the qualification:
The Foundation Level is the first qualification that is required to become a PRINCE2 Practitioner. This level is aimed at enabling the candidate to act as an informed member of the team using the PRINCE2 method. For this they need to show that they understand the principles and terminologies of the method.
The Foundation Exam Format is an hour of multiple choice questions (Closed book). 35 out of 70 correct answers are required to pass.
The Practitioner Level : Candidates must pass the Foundation exam before proceeding to the Practitioner level. The Practitioner Level aims to measure whether the candidate is able to apply PRINCE2 methods to the running and managing of a project. They need to show that they are able to tune PRINCE2 to different project circumstances and understand the relationship between processes, components and techniques.
The Practitioner Exam is a “Scenario based” examination lasting three hours. This is an open – book format and the minimum pass mark is now 55%.
It is possible to take the Foundation Level only.
What's New in the New Version?
- Clarification of the 7 Principles of PRINCE2 Project Management.
- The 8 Components have been changed to 7 Themes (Change Control & Configuration Management have been merged).
- Now 7 Processes not 8 (Planning has merged into Plans Theme). Each process contains Activities.
- The 3 Techniques have merged into the respective themes.
- The 36 Management Products have shrunk to 27.
- New section on tailoring PRINCE2, and embedding it into the organisation.
- The manual has shrunk slightly, to under 400 pages.
Benefits of the new 2009 Edition:
- New emphasis on project management using the 7 Principles of PRINCE2:- not simply working on completion of template documents.
- It reflects and integrates with other OCG Best Practice products (MoR (Management of Risk), MSP (Managing Successful Programmes), ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library)).
- It has taken account of user feedback to make the language less “jargonistic”.
- More guidance to support flexible implementation of PRINCE2. Much more useful Tailoring information.
- More consideration of difference project types and environments.
- Stronger emphasis on achieving benefits and using lessons from best practice experience, with this method.
- Course attendance
- OGC PRINCE2™ Manual and course documentation
- Pre-course materials and practice exercises for Foundation & Practitioner examinations
- Lunch and refreshments
UNICOM trainer is one of the world’s most experienced and highly regarded PRINCE2 trainers. He regularly delivers PRINCE2 courses throughout UK, Europe, Asia and Africa; he is also in demand as speaker at conferences and executive briefings where he shares his unparalleled knowledge and practical experience of PRINCE2. Ian is an experienced Lecturer and Consultant in Project Management who has worked in various industry sectors. He was a member of the team that developed the PRINCE Project Management Methodology on behalf of the OGC. He has been involved in training and consultancy in PRINC since the launch of version one in 1989. Ian is an accredited PRINCE2 trainer and developed all the material used on the accredited PRINCE2 training courses offered by UNICOM.
Submit your details to download the brochure: