last update : 23/03/2016
Requirements Engineering Foundation Training
|No upcoming event date found|
This Requirements Engineering Foundation is an excellent preparation course for the IIBA®, IREB, and the IBAQB (International Business Analysis Qualifications Board) certification exams. This course explores not just why the requirements matter, but how to gather the right requirements, document them effectively and ensure that they are properly implemented.
It explores the roles of the requirements engineer and business analyst both in ferreting out the requirements and interacting with the project team to ensure the customer gets the product they want and need. In this course you will learn effective techniques to select the right people from whom you will elicit the requirements.
It is an Online Preparatory Course with the Unlimited access for 3 Months, you can access the training anywhere according to your convenient Time and Place.
- Through presentation and hands-on exercises, attendees shall:
- Know reasons why requirements engineering/business analysis is important, yet often neglected (K1)
- Know roles of the requirements engineer/business analyst (K1)
- Understand the impact and causes of poor requirements (K2)
- Understand basic glossary terms (K2)
- Apply good requirements engineering to avoid project and product problems (K3)
- Extract the tasks from the requirements engineer/business analyst job description (K3)
- Know the legal aspects of working with contracts, suppliers and customers (K1)
- Understand that the type of product and application domain influence the approach that should be taken (K2)
- Understand that project conditions can strongly affect the success of the planned approach (K2)
- Understand that the environment is frequently changing and adaptation is a must (K2)
- Understand the social and human interaction factors that are required for success (K2)
- Identify missing success factors (K3)
- Estimate risk (K3)
- Understand the mechanisms and fundamental psychology of effective communication and the skills required for success (K2)
- Know the risks of inadequately determining the scope, context and interfaces of a system (K1)
- Understand the meaning of scope, context and interface (K2)
- Apply techniques to specify the logical and physical system boundaries using suitable techniques (K3)
- Know that requirements exist in many forms and must be consolidated into a coherent whole (K1)
- Understand the differences between functional and non-functional requirements and the acceptance criteria for each (K2)
- Understand the methods to use to define the behavior of the system (K2)
- Identify and model the processes of a system using a variety of tools and techniques (K3)
- Understand how to identify and structure large quantities of terms (K2)
- Apply graphical forms such as entity relationship diagrams (K3)
- Know classification schemes for non-functional requirements (K1)
- Understand categories of non-functional requirements, where to find these requirements and the importance of assigning acceptance criteria to each (K2)
- Understand interface requirements may change over time (K2)
- Know the pertinent IEEE documents and their main content (K1)
- Understand the needs of the individual stakeholders regarding the documentation they receive (K2)
- Understand the standard content of a requirements document (K2)
- Understand effective terminology to use in requirements and for acceptance criteria (K2)
- Rephrase a section of a requirements document so that it meets the required characteristics and complies to guidelines (K3)
- Know the requirements-applicable terms in the IEEE Glossary of Standard Software Engineering Terms (K1)
- Understand the importance of effectively using project glossaries (K2)
- Know which notation systems are most suitable for achieving various objectives at a specified level of detail (K1)
- know that all sources must be identified and requirements solicited (K1)
- Understand the different sources and how to access information from these sources (K2)
- Understand the best elicitation techniques to use (K2)
- Understand how to validate quality characteristics (K2)
- Understand how to conduct an effective review session (K2)
- Apply checklists to find errors in requirements (K3)
- Understand the importance of each requirement being uniquely identified, prioritized and assigned the appropriate attributes (K2)
- Know the importance of creating views of the requirements (K1)
- Understand the different stakeholder views and the content of those views (K2)
- Understand the importance and application of traceability to a set of requirements (K2)
- Apply traceability (K3)
- Understand the importance of versioning and creating releases of requirements (K2)
- Understand the role of change management and the activities of a change control board (K2)
- Know the categories of tools that a requirements engineer/business analyst uses (K1)
- Understand the application of tools to the phases of requirements gathering and documentation (K2)
- Assess the benefits of various tools (K3)
- Know the outlook for the industry and the adaptation required for various domains and stakeholders (K1)
Introduction & Review
1.0 Defining the Job
1.1 Do good requirements matter?
1.2 Purpose of defining a body of knowledge
1.3 Basic terminology
1.4 Business analyst or requirements engineer
1.5 Required skills
2.0 Categorizing Requirements
2.1 - Functional requirements
2.2 - Behavioural requirements
2.3 - Data and information requirements
2.4 - Non-functional requirements
2.5 - Interface requirements
3.0 Enterprise Analysis
3.1 - Determining the scope
3.2 – Understanding who does what
3.3 – Defining and planning the project
3.4 – Managing requirements risk
3.5 – Estimating
3.6 - Managing scope
4.0 Eliciting Requirements
4.1 - Identifying the sources
4.2 - Finding the stakeholders
4.3 - Applying elicitation techniques
5.0 Analyzing the Requirements
5.1 - Creating the business domain model
5.2 - Analyzing what you elicited
5.3 - Determining assumptions and constraints
6.0 Documenting Requirements
6.1 - Preparing the glossary
6.2 – Getting ready to document
6.3 – IEEE guidelines
6.4 - Assigning attributes
7.0 Modeling Techniques
7.1 – Data and static behavioral models
7.2 – Process and flow models
7.3 – Usage models
8.0 Conducting Reviews and Gaining Approval
8.1 – Preparing the requirements package
8.2 - Validating and verifying through reviews
8.3 - Obtaining approvals
9.0 Implementing and Maintaining
9.1 - Tracking traceability
9.2 - Managing changes
9.3 - Selecting the solution
Mr. Rex Black a leader in software, hardware, and systems testing, as well as part-owner and Chief Technical Officer of Pure Testing, a test out-sourcing company based in New Delhi, India. For more than a dozen years, RBCS has served its worldwide clientele with training, assessment, consulting, staff augmentation, outsourcing, test automation, and quality assurance services. RBCS has over 100 clients spanning 25 countries on six continents. His popular first book, managing the Testing Process, has sold about 25,000 copies around the world, including Japanese, Chinese, and Indian re-leases. His three other books on testing, Foundations of Software Testing, Critical Testing Processes and Pragmatic Software Testing (previously published as Effective and Efficient Software Testing), have also sold thousands of copies, including Hebrew, Indian, Japanese and Russian editions. He has written over 25 articles, presented hundreds of papers, workshops, and seminars, and given over a dozen keynote speeches at conferences and events around the world. Rex is the President of both the International Software Testing Qualifications Board and the American Software Testing Qualifications
Submit your details to download the brochure:
What is the ISTQB - International Software Testing Qualifications Board?
ISTQB is a non-profit organization responsible for defining various guidelines such as examination structure and regulations, accreditation, certification etc. Working parties within the ISTQB are responsible for developing and maintaining the syllabi and exams. The ISTQB comprises representatives from each existing national board.
What is the ISTQB Certified Tester program?
The ISTQB Certified Tester program provides certification for software testers internationally. There are currently two levels of certification: The Foundation Level and the Advanced Level certificate. For both, international working parties develop and maintain internationally uniform curricula and exams.
Is this certification acknowledged across the world?
This is a truly internationally recognized certification program. For the list of participating nations please visit http://www.istqb.org/members.htm .
What is the duration of the course?
As this is the online course, we will provide you 3 months unlimited access to the course.
Will this training help my career?
For the IT professional, programmer, manager, and other examinees, holding an ISTQB certificate demonstrates mastery of the best practices and key concepts in the field. This can help advance your career. In addition, by distinguishing yourself from the mass of lesser-qualified test practitioners, holding one or more ISTQB certificates can create opportunities in a competitive, outsourced, and increasingly commoditized job market.
Is there any prerequisite for this certification?
There is no prerequisite for attending this Certification.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE TO CANCEL?
Confirm your CANCELLATION in writing up to 15 working days before the event and receive a refund less a 10% service charge. Regrettably, no refunds can be made for cancellations received less than 15 working days prior to the event.
However, SUBSTITUTIONS are welcome at any time and is done at no extra cost. The organisers reserve the right to amend the programme if necessary.
INDEMNITY: Should for any reason outside the control of UNICOM Training & Seminars (P) ltd (hereafter called UNICOM), the venue or the speakers change, or the event be cancelled due to industrial action, adverse weather conditions, or an act of terrorism, UNICOM will endeavour to reschedule, but the client hereby indemnifies and holds UNICOM harmless from and against any and all costs, damages and expenses, including attorney’s fees, which are incurred by the client. The construction validity and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by all aspects by the laws of India to the exclusive jurisdiction of whose court the Parties hereby agree to submit."