last update : 02/02/2017
SAFe Agilist (SA) ™ Training & Certification
|No upcoming event date found|
The SAFe Agilist certification program is for Executives, Managers and Agile Change Agents responsible for leading a Lean and Agile change initiative in a large Software Enterprise.
The certification class taught by Scaled Program Consultant is for 2 days on Leading SAFe course.
The 2 days classroom training validates participant’s knowledge in applying the Scaled Agile Framework, lean thinking, and product development flow principles in an enterprise context, after attending the Leading SAFe course participants can lead an Enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, and its underlying principles of lean thinking, and product development flow.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership
- Apply Lean, Agile, and Product Development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understanding the skills necessary for an Enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in real context
- Acquire all the knowledge required to be successful in their SAFe journey
Introduction to SAFe: This module will be ‘Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework’ and learning focus will be on understanding the foundation & core of the framework
Lean Thinking: This module will be ‘An overview of lean software development and product development’ and learning focus will be to appreciate lean thinking and its need in business
Agile development: This module will teach all about ‘Application of Agile development in the enterprise context’. And its business benefits
SAFe Scrum XP: The Last module for the day will be ‘An Experimental walk through of” SAFe scrum XP” focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices” that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level
Agile release train: On day two start will be focused on ‘Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains’ which are long-lived programs. Learning focus will be on how teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams
Agile portfolio management: Learning focus of this module will be ‘Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management, and Governance’ and how it happens in Enterprise context
Agile Architecture: Module will explain ‘Principles of Agile architecture, role of system and enterprise architects and architecting with flow’
Scaling leadership: The Last module will focus on scaling enterprise Lean – Agile leadership.
- 2 days of high quality instruction from a Scaled Agile accredited SPC
- Copy of Course Material
- Scaled Agile “Certified SAFe Agilist” exam fees
- 1 year’s membership (upon successful completion of the SAFe Agilist exam)
- For PMI PMPs this course provides Category B PDU
- For Scrum Alliance members, this course provides Category B SEU towards Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP)
Trainer Profile: Priyank Pathak (SPC)
Submit your details to download the brochure:
Upon successful completion of this training class, delegates will be eligible to take the on-line Scaled Agile Academy SAFe Agilist exam. The exam is a multiple choice questions. The exam window is just 10 days, immediately after training. On passing the exam, Certified SAFe Agilists will have the option to appear on the Certified SA directory and have access to the Scaled Agile Academy LinkedIn community. Exam retakes are $50 and can be taken 30 days or more after the previous exam. Annual renewal requires 10 continuing education/outreach hours and currently costs $100 payable to the Scaled Agile Academy.
5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management and Experience in Scrum
Who Can Attend
- Executives Managers
- Lean-Agile Leaders
- Agile change agents
- Internal change agents
- External consultants and managers